Continued Post: This is the continued post from part one which you can find here.
Diversify, have variety and consider your web design.
What will entice or impress one person will not necessarily be honey to another by default. As the saying goes, one man’s meat is another man’s poison, or vice versa if the same applies, which it does. This said, be sure to have a variety of types and forms of content in your online marketing strategies, in ways focused on increasing conversion to the numbers (sales). Below are a number of items you can utilize to increase ranking, increase traffic, and before you know it; up goes your conversion rate and profitability alike for your pages.
- Data presentation. Content is not just content. It also depends on how it is presented and how appealing it is to the eye of your target audience for it to be effective content in online marketing. You do not want your visitors to bounce, every time they get into your site, only to find that the graphics are appealing enough, the fonts and themes are not well organized, and navigation is troublesome. Present you information, simple and clear. Loading speed of your site should be fast, since it takes only a few seconds for a web visitor to look for an alternative if they find your site not to be user friendly. This calls for looking for a good web designer when setting up or improving your website. Tools such as easel.ly, piktochat, and other online web graphics applications can also come in handy, in case you can do it on your own.
- Memes. There are good websites that you can use to create this tool that advertises your brand in an interesting way. Memes make use of images, with text contents or messages on the top or bottom crafted to convey information about your brand to your target market in an attractive manner. They can also be used on social media. Websites such as quick meme and meme generator can come in handy in the creation of this tool.
- Video content. Videos are increasingly becoming quite influential in creating awareness about brands, businesses, and their products. However, your marketing videos should be crafted in a way such like a call to action. Short and interesting videos are the best way to go. Before posting or sharing your video on platforms such as Vimeo and YouTube, be sure to gather feedback on its quality and find out whether it is influential enough. You can even conduct a survey from a few people that you can rely on and have them comment about it. Marketing videos should be relevant and creative.
- Testimonials. Your previous clients, if any, can have a great influence on your conversion rate. Ensure that your site has room or a portion where customers can provide their testimonies of about how your products or services have helped them. You can refer to this as a case study. You can also have content about how your services have assisted several clients by providing them with solutions to challenges they were previously facing. Ensure that after the case study content, a call to action like an email subscription prompt or purchase link follows immediately.
- Email marketing. As your content is crafted to lead to sales, it should also have call to action for visitors to subscribe for email updates. This is normally referred to as a mailing list. Have a list of email subscribers to whom you will be sending information about your products and services, latest developments, new arrivals, and such. There are tools that you can find online, which you can use to send general emails to your contacts automatically. They are quite effective, especially when you have a large database of contacts.
- Blogs. Blogs are an effective way to generate organic traffic to your money site. This is the platform where creativity is highly required. It is where you can express your opinions on the internet. Blog content should also be optimized and crafted to create influence and interest. Ensure to blog about subjects relevant to your business and have back links established to generate traffic to your money site. Have content that is updated, that which will keep readers coming back for more.
- Influential news and press releases. Do not forget to keep your clients or audience informed about latest activities of common interest, especially those relating to your line of business. Newsletters and press releases are quite influential in increasing the number of visits to your site, especially for signed up customers. Have this content crafted to popularize your business in the process, without compromising on the main subject. It should be delivered in such a way that it doesn’t look obvious that you are advertising.
Provide solutions through your content – again, do your homework
In the business of this day and age, consumers of products and services want either solutions to problems or challenges they are facing, or want to be convinced as to why they should buy from you and not your competitor. It therefore is important to do a thorough research on possible loopholes in the market, what your competitor is not offering, and how you can actualize solutions to those market problems. Without a good research on these, then your all well crafted content may be of no much use. It may not be enough to increase leads and conversion rates. It is also important to stay on toes with times and seasons as well. Try to identify when your target audience or customers are more likely to need your solutions and maximize your efforts on that. Also, provide information such as how to tips, where to, and why to, and when to; provide these through your content.
Originality, uniqueness, and correctness of content – don’t compromise on these.
Do not be a victim of doing what everyone else in your business line is doing. In other words, try to be creative and make your content as unique as possible. If you are having someone do your content for you, it will be important to specify that you need unique content. In this way, your audience or customers won’t feel like ‘it is the same old music again’ having content that is one of a kind will make your business stand out from the rest of the crowd.
At the same time, it should be original and grammatically correct. There are online applications that you can use to check your content for plagiarism, like Copyscape.com so that you can please search engines as well. Also watch grammatical delivery, writing style, and tone. Ensure that the main message is delivered without complicating the subject with unnecessary jargon in the name of professionalism.
Make it content for discussions
Another equally important content marketing strategy is to make it viable in triggering discussions, especially two way conversations. If your content can be shared through social media or other discussion forums, the better it is for your marketing efforts. This is also another way to enable you make changes where necessary as you get to know the influence that you have on your target audience and customers. You should also watch out for negative comments as they can make or break your SEO efforts.
Utilize the influence of social media and paid ads
In this day and age, almost everyone everywhere is on social media, or is it? That’s right; this makes these platforms an arena very rich on potential customers and free traffic. Even the biggest brands that you can think of also have social media pages and business profiles. Facebook, twitter, instagram, and other influential sites are also good platforms to interact with your audience and provide information on your products and services. From there your audience will get to refer your business to other potential customers, marketing for you without putting in your effort or investments. However, understanding the limits of the information you can share is important as well. Social media campaigns are also very effective marketing tools, especially for growing businesses. It is important to also have a unique strategy for each social channel and have a distinct approach for which content to share and how to market it. All you need is to conduct a good survey and understand the industry insights you require to utilize the power of social media. Paid ads, such as Google-ads, adwords, and Bing-ads are also quite effective if you are able to stretch your budget a bit. This way, your content is more likely to receive more viewership as your page appears on the first pages of search engines.
Engage your clients as much as you can
Engaging your clients as much as you can may be very effective in driving your business forward as they start to feel like they are part of your business. This involves responses on queries, feedback, comments and concerns. For a larger business, it pays to have a team of individuals engaging your clients on a 24/7 basis if possible. Ensure that no query or concern is left un-responded to, in whichever platform linked to your business. Allow them to comment, share, and like your content on social platforms as well as on your site. For every interaction, ensure that you are appreciative of their time and effort. Remember to thank your commenter in line.
Track progress, performance of your pages and content
With all the effort you put in as you market you business through content, how do you know that it is worth it? It is definitely not as easy as ABC. Even as you start noticing an increase in revenues and sales, you wouldn’t be sure that this came from your online marketing efforts. Moreover, information such as bounce back rates, number of clicks on particular content, number of visitors for a particular period, and time spent on your site is important, so that you can notice weak points and make amends, or even strong points on which you can maximize efforts to increase gains. From time to time, it is important to have an online performance audit to determine such factors. Here are some of the factors that you can get to learn about when you analyze performance.
- Site analytics. You can utilize business tools such as Google analytics to get information about your site’s performance and keep track of progress. These tools will give data such as the bounce back rate, web pages most visited, total number of visitors, location of visitor, time spent on pages, frequency of visits, number of clicks, and much more. From these you can be able to make changes where necessary.
- SEO analysis. Get ranking information and information about link quality and domain names. From these you can be able to identify issues that need addressing for better viewership on search engines.
- Sales. You will get data concerning conversion to sales, for instance, the number of clicks to purchase link or ordering link. You can actually determine the value of sales generated from your online efforts and the origin of the links that lead to the sale.
- Customer retention rate. You will get information about customer loyalty and determine whether your efforts are good enough to retain first time customers.
- Web analytics. With some analytics software, you are able to get information about your web graphics, loading speed, theme and layout quality and much more. You can even get suggestions on how to improve convenience and compatibility on various internet connection devices.